A completely dust free high fibre forage based feed. Can be fed as a full or partial hay replacer. Can also be fed dry or hand fed as treats. Over 50 varieties of alpine grasses and herbs grown to a mature stage for high fibre levels.
- No pre soaking required. Innovative processing technology for highly compressed dust free cobs that can be fed dry
- When feeding cobs dry, they must be fed separately, not as part of a mash (or sprinkled on top) as your horse must be able to chew them thoroughly
- Suitable for horses with a sensitive digestion
- Low sugar and starch hence suitable for metabolic horses or those prone to laminitis
- No preservatives, additives, binders, GMO ingredients, waste byproducts, chemical processing or straw. Tested pesticide free.
These Haycobs are imported from Germany (Bavarian alpine region) and they are specially made to be fed dry, by using a technique which compresses them into very hard nuts. This means that they do not crumble or produce dust when broken in two. It also encourages the horse to chew them thoroughly and produce saliva in doing so, to break them down further.
Literally thousands of tons of this type of Haycob are sold across mainland Europe where they are very popular, all being fed dry. However, it is always possible (just like with any chaff, nut, cube, pieces of apple, carrot, etc) that if a horse bolts its feed by eating quickly and not chewing sufficiently, that it can be at risk of choke. If you have found this to be the case with your horse, then we would recommend you take care when feeding any chaff or nut in the dry form (unless you feed one Haycob at a time), but instead soak them into a mash. Because they are so tightly compressed, they will take longer to soak and make into a mash. We recommend that you soak for at least 3 hours, or preferably overnight to make sure there are no hard centres left in the mash. We also recommend that when feeding our Haycobs dry, they must be fed separately, not as part of a mash (or sprinkled on top) as your horse must be able to chew them thoroughly.