Thoroughbred Shavings are produced using controlled machining processes and dust extraction. FSC Certified. The softwood shavings bedding product of choice for horses and other large animals. Market-leading softwood bedding product and for good reason, the popular choice of horse owners.
Each bale is approximately 20kg
Thoroughbred wood shavings are highly absorbent and easy to muck out. Unlike inferior equestrian shavings they are not sharp and do not contain rubbish or dust – important for allergic horses.
Thoroughbred softwood shavings have been one of the market-leading brands for nearly 20 years. We know how important your horse and your horse’s health is to you, so we understand how your choice of bedding makes a real difference to your horse. A well prepared natural bed made from Thoroughbred shavings gives you peace of mind that your stabled horse is clean, dry and most definitely comfortable.
Using Thoroughbred Shavings
Thoroughbred Softwood Shavings can be used for a deep litter and will require about 4 or 5 bales to start a bed, replacing one or two bales per week, depending on how often your horse or animal is stabled.
FSC Certified Thoroughbred Softwood Shavings
The prestigious FSC certification mark ensures these shavings are sourced from timber felled from well-managed and sustained forests. It is a testament to our consistently high-quality bales, that equestrian professionals, trainers and stables across the country are choosing Thoroughbred shavings for their bedding.
SCA shavings are the bi-product of machining pine and spruce softwood from our own timber manufacture. We ensure that once a tree is felled, all parts of it are used and never wasted. We only use timber which is sourced from well managed and sustainable forests and we never fell extra trees to produce Thoroughbred shavings.
Our shavings, by their nature, are bio-degradable. Once cleaned out of your stable, the flakes in our bedding rot down quickly on the muck heap into reusable compost.
Thoroughbred dust-extracted softwood shavings are only produced by machining kiln-dried, pure softwood material and are never blended or mixed with lower grade or chipped end-of-life wood. This ensures we provide you with a low moisture content bale with a light dry flake – excellent for absorbency and cushioning.
Our bales are produced from a closed production and extraction system direct to the baler. They are then sealed online to minimise the potential of contamination and produce a clean safe bale.
Benefits of Dust Extracted Shavings
- Soft – Cushions and protects joints when lying down
- Absorbent – Thoroughbred wood shavings draw moisture away from the surface of the bed to ensure that your horse stays drier for longer
- Reduced mucking out times – As wet drains to the bottom of the bed, this not only makes stables quick and easy to muck out but also reduces the amount of top-up bedding needed
- Reduce odour – Softwood omits a natural scent that neutralises unpleasant odours
- Natural hygienic properties – Our softwood shavings have a heavy pine content. Pine has natural antibacterial properties that kill many strands of bacteria that thrive in a warm, damp bed
- Dust extracted – Our dust extraction process ensures our bales are just full of fluffy softwood flakes – no dust or debris means more shavings in the bale for your money!
- Easy to use – We compress our bales for easier handling and transportation. They breakdown quicker than chipped material for a swiftly laid bed
- Ideal for mixing or layering with Barley Straw Bales for a perfect horse bed
SENT VIA DPD NEXT WORKING DAY – OR COLLECT IN-STORE
WE ALSO SUPPLY BULK ORDERS!! PALLET PRICES AVAILABLE
CONTACT 01253 870558
DPD Next WORKING Day Delivery applies to UK Mainland addresses only. Highlands and Islands deliveries carry a £5 surcharge and next day is not available.
If you are not sure if this applies to you, please send us your postcode and we will check for you.
Returns will be refunded less cost of delivery and less 10% restocking fee.