Feeding ReadiGrass will help your animal stay healthy while they’re not able to graze outside. They’ll be happy because they love eating this delicious food! And you’ll be happy because you won’t have to worry about them getting sick due to lack of nutrition. Give them what they need today with ReadiGrass!
ReadiGrass is a premium quality feed that is ideal for horses, ponies and even small animals without access to grazing. The original dried grass, it is grown, harvested and dried with great care on the Friendship Estates farm in Yorkshire – absolutely nothing is added.
Water is removed gently from the grass in our low-temperature drying process, retaining the natural flavours, wonderful smell, colour and most importantly the high nutrient value of fresh grass.
Readigrass horse feed is a feed that is more nutritious than hay yet still contains the digestible fibre essential for every horse’s health. For horses with limited access to fresh pasture it’s as close to fresh grass as you can get without being in a field! Safe and high-quality feed for horses with allergies, ReadiGrass contains no additives or preservatives.
ReadiGrass is available in 15kg bales.
As a Readigrass and Friendship Estates stockist we receive fresh weekly deliveries and are rarely ever out of stock.
ReadiGrass for horses can be fed for a variety of reasons including;
- Horses with limited access to fresh pastures
- For older horses or those with poor dentition who are struggling to chew long-stem fibres
- To prevent weight loss when horses come in from summer grazing to winter stabling
- High energy from digestible fibre makes it a great alternative to hard feeds
- To avoid dust allergies caused by storage moulds in hay
- To supplement, or completely replace poor quality hay of low nutritional value
- As a palatable accompaniment to mask medicines or supplements
- As a treat or a change for a horse bored with winter forage
We deliver Readigrass nationwide by next-working-day courier DPD. Some areas such as Highlands & Islands may take longer and incur an additional delivery cost. Please ask before ordering if you are unsure.
- High feed value
- Rich in digestible fibre for healthy gut function
- Natural source of nutrients including calcium and phosphorus in the correct ratio
- Dust extracted for a healthy respiratory tract
- The drying process prevents fungal spores and other contaminants found in hay
- Very versatile – can be used as a treat, a chaff-type bucket feed, or as a partial/complete hay replacer
- No molasses, no added oil or any other additives
- Highly palatable to even fussy eaters
- Suitable for all horses and ponies, other than those prone to laminitis or required to lose weight
- Naturally low in starch
- Reduces bolting of feed and encourages chewing to sustain correct wear of teeth
- Reduces boredom – Edinburgh University research shows that short chop forage takes longer to eat than long chop forage
Readigrass Nutritional Info
- Protein 15%
- Crude fibre 21%
- Oil 3%
- Calcium 0.55%
- Phosphorus 0.27%
- Total sugar 10-12%
- Starch < 0.1%
- Equine Digestible Energy 10MJ/kg
ReadiGrass is a versatile product that can be fed in many situations:
• Suitable for a variety of horses from those at rest, to those in hard work
• For horses with limited access to fresh pasture, it’s as close to fresh grass as you can get without being in a field
• Can be used as a partial hay replacer, including for those horses with poor dentition that are struggling to chew longer fibres
• ReadiGrass is a palatable, natural alternative to chaff when given in a bucket feed, enjoyed by even the fussiest eaters
• A great source of energy for horses in medium / hard work when fed as part of a balanced diet
• A handful can be added to feed as a treat
Ensure fresh water is always available.
Most horses enjoy ReadGrass dry, however, it may also be dampened slightly.