ReadiGrass is a premium quality forage which is ideal for horses and ponies without access to grazing. The original dried grass, it is grown, harvested and dried with great care on the Friendship Estates farm in Yorkshire – absolutely nothing is added. Water is removed gently from the grass in our low-temperature drying process, retaining the natural flavours, wonderful smell, colour and most importantly the high nutrient value of fresh grass.
Readigrass horse feed is a feed that is more nutritious than hay yet still contains the digestible fibre essential for every horse’s health. For horses with limited access to fresh pasture it’s as close to fresh grass as you can get without being in a field!
ReadiGrass is available in 15kg bales.
As a Readigrass and Friendship Estates stockist we receive fresh weekly deliveries and are rarely ever out of stock.
ReadiGrass for horses can be fed for a variety of reasons including;
- Horses with limited access to fresh pastures
- For older horses or those with poor dentition who are struggling to chew long stem fibres
- To prevent weight loss when horses come in from summer grazing to winter stabling
- High energy from digestible fibre makes it a great alternative to hard feeds
- To avoid dust allergies caused by storage moulds in hay
- To supplement, or completely replace poor quality hay of low nutritional value
- As a palatable accompaniment to mask medicines or supplements
- As a treat or a change for a horse bored with winter forage
We deliver Readigrass nationwide by next-working-day courier DPD. Some areas such as Highlands & Islands may take longer and incur additional delivery cost. Please ask before ordering if you are unsure.