The MAKDC18RC fast charger, also known as the Makita DC18RC Li-ion 7.2 / 14.4 / 18v LXT Charger, uses Intelligent Charging Technology to control current, voltage and temperature to maximize the battery life.
The DC18RC can charges a BL1830B 18v LXT 3.0Ah battery in approximately 22 minutes – and to the fullest charge.
The MAKITA DC18RC has a cooling fan and Active 3 Controls. This means that during the loading of the charging voltage, charging current, and temperature is held in the holes. The cooling system blows cool air into the battery. As a result, high temperatures occur in the battery, so that the battery life is extended, and the charging process is accelerated.
MAKDC18RC FAST BATTERY CHARGER FEATURES
- Fast charging – charges a Makstar 18v LXT Li-Ion 3.0Ah battery in only 22 minutes
- Built-in CPU – gathers information from the battery’s memory chip to determine optimum charging method
- Forced air cooling fan – cools the battery to minimise charging time
- Digital power display identifies the condition of the battery and charging condition
- Makita’s 18v & 14v batteries have a built in memory chip that records the battery usage history. While the battery is connected it will transmit the data to the charger
- A great advantage of Lithium Ion technology is that it provides the user with the possibility to charge the batteries anytime, without any need to wait for their complete power deployment. A great improvement compared to older technologies like Ni-Cad
MAKITA DC18RC SPECIFICATION
- Power Source: 240v UK 3-Pin Plug
- Compatibility: 14.4v / 18v Makita LXT Batteries
- Charge Time (1.5Ah): 15 mins
- Charge Time (3.0Ah): 22 mins
- Charge Time (4.0Ah): 36 mins
- Charge Time (5.0Ah): 45 mins
- Charge Time (6.0Ah): 55 mins
- Net Weight: 820 g
- Overall Length: 185 mm