Garlic Horslyx Balancer contains pure garlic oil to help provide a natural and effective way to help combat the problem of biting insects. Independent research concludes that Garlic Horslyx Balancer helps alleviate irritation caused by sweet itch, read the results here.
New research conducted at Aberystwyth University has shown that feeding Garlic Horslyx can significantly reduce the irritation from flies and other biting insects whilst horses are on grass. Further information on the study can be found below.
What is in Garlic Horslyx Balancer?
- Garlic. This powerful plant has been fed to horses for hundreds of years for numerous health benefits. Feeding garlic as a fly repellent is not a new idea and works because high sulphur compounds in garlic are released through the skin via natural body secretions such as sweat, producing an invisible barrier that flies find repellent. Whilst still present around the horse, they seldom land on the skin and this significantly reduces the level of irritation and restlessness normally seen. Garlic is said to offer many year-round health benefits.
- Powerful anti-oxidants, Vitamin E and Selenium plus chelated copper and zinc, to support and maintain a healthy immune system.
- The Horslyx high specification vitamin, mineral and trace element package, which is ideal for balancing nutrient deficiencies in forage and grazing.
- High oil content for healthy skin and coat.
- Biotin, zinc, and methionine for healthy hooves.
What isn’t in Garlic Horslyx Balancer?
- Chemical hardeners
- Artificial colours
WHY SHOULD I FEED GARLIC HORSLYX BALANCER?
- To help deter biting insects during the summer months.
- To help alleviate the irritation caused by sweet itch.
- For all horses, all year round for a multitude of health benefits.
- For horses that are turned out 24 hours a day in the summer months and may not be accessible for fly spray on a regular basis.
- To balance any nutrient deficiencies in forage and grazing – helping to ensure your horse stays healthy and happy all year round.
- To provide a weatherproof feeding solution which is perfect for use both in the stable and in the field.
- When fed alongside the correct amounts of good quality forage, Garlic Horslyx Balancer removes the need for buckets of hard feed
- When fed at the recommended intake level for your horse, Garlic Horslyx Balancer is cost effective and will save you money.
- There is no need to feed additional balancers and many horses and ponies thrive on a diet of just Horslyx and forage.
- Licking takes time and patience, which is perfect for horses that are stabled for long periods of time and can help reduce stress and boredom.
- Perfect for older equines with poor dentition that struggle to eat hard feed.
- Licking produces saliva, which helps support the digestive system.
- Suitable for all horses, from those at rest requiring a low-calorie diet to performance horses who may require additional supplementation to meet their nutritional requirements.
New research conducted at Aberystwyth University has shown that feeding Garlic Horslyx can significantly reduce the irritation from flies and other biting insects whilst horses are on grass.
The Institute of Biological, Environmental & Rural Sciences at Aberystwyth University tested Garlic Horslyx over a 12-week period, from July to September through observation of horses’ behavior and fly numbers around a group of four horses. The trial was split into four treatment periods which each lasted three weeks. Each horse had two ‘control’ periods and two ‘treatment’ periods during the experiment.
To create a fair trial, the four horses were separated into two groups of two horses and kept in adjacent paddocks, which was split by an electric fence. All the horses remained in the paddocks throughout the day, with one horse being stabled overnight. Garlic Horslyx was placed in the respective paddocks during the daytime only, typically between 0800h and 1800h, allowing 10 hours of access to the product and an average intake of 175g/horse/day.
When examined the results showed that the horses who had access to Garlic Horslyx had 64.5% fewer flies landing on them than the control horses. This was a highly significant result, reinforcing previous studies that have been done on similar subjects.
The research report concluded: “This level of reduction is indicative that the consumption of Garlic Horslyx produces a beneficial effect for the horse and that this reduction in insect burden will allow the horse to be less irritable and more manageable”.
It was also confirmed that the horses with access to Garlic Horslyx also showed significantly fewer muscle twitches than control horses with no access to the lick. This supports the observation of fewer flies landing on the horses causing them irritation whilst at grass. “The significant difference in the number of muscle twitches suggests that the level of insect harassment and sensitivity towards these pests was reduced by Garlic Horslyx supplementation” concluded the research report.
This in-depth university study is great news for horses and ponies who often suffer from flies during the hotter months. This is the third piece of independent research that has been conducted around Garlic Horslyx, with all the research concluding the product is successful in keeping flies and biting insects at bay. Another independent university trial: another success story for Horslyx!
Garlic Horslyx contains optimum amounts of pure garlic oil, together with the Horslyx high specification vitamin, mineral and trace element package, which incorporates the powerful antioxidants Vitamin E and selenium to support a strong immune system. When fed alongside the correct amounts of good quality forage, Garlic Horslyx removes the need for buckets of hard feed and offers a palatable, easy to use and cost effective method of feeding your horse garlic, while balancing the deficiencies in forage and grazing.
What others are saying
There are no contributions yet.