The HoofTorch offers a convenient bright light source incorporated into a hoof pick. Perfect for the dark evenings and mornings and great for people who have horses living out.
HOOFTORCH is a unique hoof pick with a torch built in. It is used to pick out horses, ponies and other animals hooves. HoofTorch is tough it can be dropped, kicked, trodden on, soaked in water and it still keeps working.
WHY DO I NEED A HOOFTORCH?
Although HoofTorch was first designed for horses hoof picking it can also be used for other farm/zoo animals that may require their hooves picking out. It is of use to veterinarians and others working with hoofed animals in dark conditions.
It can be difficult to see in dark evenings and nights to pick out hooves with inadequate lighting. Even well lit stables and barns do not give enough light underneath an animal. HoofTorch solves this problem.
If you go to evening shows/competitions and need to pick out a hoof HoofTorch makes things both easier and safer.
The care and well being of animals includes regular hoof care maintenance. One of these tasks is to carry out hoof picking. This means cleaner well looked after animals with reduced risk of infection. HoofTorch allows you to inspect a hoof for signs of injury or infection.
WHY DOES MY HORSE/ PONY REQUIRE A HOOFTORCH?
In order to maintain soundness of horses, ponies, it is essential that the hooves are well looked after. As part of a daily routine, the horse’s hooves should be thoroughly picked out at least once to examine for injuries or other abnormalities, and to make sure no stones have become lodged in the hoof which can cause bruising and discomfort.
A horse’s health depends on many things such as proper nutrition, living conditions, genetic influence and more, but one of the most important factors to consider is the care of a horses hooves. Improper or poor hoof care will affect the horses overall health. The old adage of No Hoof, No Horse!
The way in which you keep your horse and the manner in which you care for it, affects both its health and well being whether it is a Thoroughbred, warm blood or a family pony. Horses should be inspected regularly and particular attention should be paid to their feet and body condition. It is important to consult a qualified farrier or vet if you have concerns about your horses hooves or general health.
- Made from high quality impact-resistant co-dash polypropylene
- Available in 4 colours
- Easy grip textured finish handle
- The handle is cold to hold in summer and warm in winter
- Ergonomically designed and tested to ensure comfort for animals and the user
- Steel chrome plated pick
- On/off switch positioned in the handle top for safety and easy use Aluminium alloy torch equipped with 5 white LED lights for maximum brightness
- LED torch average running time: 150 – 180 hours
- Dimensions: 155mm x 46mm x 33mm
- Batteries non-replaceable for safety design reasons
- If the HoofTorch ever stops, give it 2 or 3 sharp knocks against a hard surface and it will re start