Bridleway Horse Fitting Guides
Bridleway Equestrian horse wear collection features a wide range of quality rugs to suit all weathers. From the dark cold winter nights to the hot summer sun, we care passionately about the comfort of your horse. All the rugs are durable, hardwearing and feature colourful designs to give your horse style from the stable to the field.
MEASURING AND FITTING A HORSE RUG
To ensure that your rug fits perfectly measure your horse in feet and inches from centre of the chest to his buttocks in line with the dock. This will give you the bottom measurement of the rug.
Rug Size Guide
Before you use the rug ensure that it fits properly – it is always best to measure and try products. When doing this, try the rug on over a thin, clean summer sheet to keep it debris free and do not remove any tags until you are happy that the rug fits. If for any reason you need to return your rug it must be in perfect, saleable condition.
CARING FOR YOUR RUG
To keep your rug in top condition follow these easy steps:
Inspect for wear and tear:
- Check fabric for small tears
- Check all stitching for loose threads
- Check buckles for rusting or bending
- Ideally rotate rugs to allow moisture to evaporate
CLEANING YOUR RUG
We would always recommend sending your rug to a professional rug cleaning company, however it is possible to keep your rug in good condition at home.
- Lay over a fence and using a firm bristled brush, brush off dry mud
- Turnover and repeat process to remove hair on the underside of the rug
- Your rug can be washed in the washing machine – always check the care instructions first
- Use natural soap flakes or a specific rug wash detergent, especially if the rug is waterproof, to preserve the weather resistance
- Air dry